Here’s what Elmer has to say about scooter safety:
- I put on all of my protective gear – my helmet, wrist guards, and knee and elbow pads. They sure are important if I fall.
- Then I choose a safe place to use my scooter. I always ride my scooter on the sidewalk or paved off-road paths, and stay away from stairs and steps.
- One thing is for sure… I stay away from roads and traffic.
- I have to be careful and stop my scooter if there is someone walking on the path. I don’t want to hurt anyone.
- I always ride my scooter in the daytime.
- I stay away from sand, water, gravel, and dirt – and try to keep my scooter on smooth surfaces.
Have a fun and safe time riding your scooter this summer!